Teacher Appeal

If you have any questions regarding Teacher Appeal, please contact us for a Free Teacher Appeal Consultation.

A person named as the subject of an indicated report has the right to request the Department to amend, expunge information from, or remove the report from the Central Registry by filing a request with the Department within 60 days of notification of the indicated report. Upon filing of such a request, the Department will conduct a review of the file and make a decision whether to grant the request. If the request is denied, the subject of the report can then request a hearing with the Department.

At the hearing, the Department has the burden of proving the accuracy and consistency of the report. Decisions of the Department following a hearing are subject to review by the courts. However, no new evidence will be taken in court, and a court may only reverse a decision of the Department if factual findings are against the manifest weight of the evidence or if there are procedural errors.

If you are appealing a case, please contact us for a Free Teacher Appeal Consultation.